Go Green Brunei
- Brunei emits as much as 5.5 metric tonnes of carbon emissions per year;
- Car ownership in Bandar Seri Begawan could be tripled by 2030;
- Public transportation in the capital was “still at the preliminary stage”;
- Brunei’s population to double by 2030;
- 60,000 new eco-friendly homes needed for the population by then;
- 60,000 new jobs needed by the same year.
Suggested: Develop world-class public transport system, promote ‘Green’ transport and adopt Green car and building policies.
YB Dato Idris – To ensure sustainable development, Brunei need a masterplan. The country’s masterplan is outdated. It was introduced 20 years ago and a new master planner would be appointed soon.