The great mysteries of life…
August 17, 2009
Have you eva_wanda_ y? These are old questions but has anyone found the answers? My comments follow after the questions.
- Do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are going dead? For some thick-headed skull, yes, they still do this.
- Why do banks charge a fee on “insufficient funds” when they know there is not enough money? My banker friend answered in one simple word: “Interest”. Go figure.
- Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet? Human instinct.
- Why doesn’t glue stick to the bottle? Have tried this with white glue. Explaination: Regular, white glue is made from various synthetic chemicals. The chemical molecules are in the form of polymers, or long strands. Some are sticky, and others are stretchy. The proper combination of stretchy and sticky polymers make good glue.
White glue also contains water. When the glue is exposed to air, the water evaporates, and the glue hardens and dries. When you glue things together with white glue, it’s the evaporation of the water that allows the bond to hold. This is called mechanical adhesion. In the bottle, the water within the glue is protected from air. It remains in the glue, and the glue stays in its liquid state. That’s why it doesn’t stick to the inside of the bottle.
- Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection? Common-sense question.
- Why doesn’t Tarzan have a beard? To attract Jane obviously. Can’t be the animals.
- Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him? He may be a man of steel but is as afraid as all of us.
- Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets? Okay this is a bit of an old question already. Read some of the answers here.
- Whose idea was it to put an “S” in the word “lisp”? Wiki answers: In computer programming, LISP is not an acronym but stands for ‘List Programming’. More here. Lisp as a word means speech difficulty so I am looking for the founder of this word on why he or she came up with a difficult word for someone with a speech difficulty?
- If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes? Ey Darwin?
- Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white? Call it marketing.
- Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale? Go figure, again.
- Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized? (Like me….)
- Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance? (Lime me…hehehe..poor cleaner)
- Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try? Try this especially if you dont have patience.
- How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures? I will try to catch a video on this.
- When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, “It’s all right?” Well, it isn’t all right, so why don’t we say, “That hurt, you stupid idiot?” We, especially those born under the sign of Libra, are usually nice people though we always get hurt.
- Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that’s falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over? Remember Mr Bean?
- In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat? Whining wont get you anywhere.
- How come you never hear father-in-law jokes? Err…
- And…… The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends — if they’re okay, then it’s you!!