Need a break after hours at your desk?
I have been sitting for hours at my desk as I have a deadline (and still have time to blog!). Searching online on how to get a good quick rest at work, I found tips from the American Heart Association on burning a few calories at the office:
- Brainstorm project ideas with co-workers while talking a walk;
- Stand while talking on the telephone;
- Walk down the hall to speak to someone, rather than using the telephone;
- Take the stairs instead of the lifts (or elevators);
- Schedule exercise time on your business calendar and treat it as any other important appointment (this is a brilliant idea);
- Get off the bus (or cars for nearly all Bruneians) a few blocks early, and walk the rest of the way to work or home; and
- Walk around the building during workday break or lunch.