My guilt-free food for this week:
Chocolate Chip Mini Scones Quick Info:
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 66, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 122mg, Dietary Fiber: 0.5g, Total Fat: 2.5g, Carbs: 10g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Protein: 1g Carb Choices: 0.5
Prep Time: 16 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 28 mins
- 3 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 cup(s) flour, self-rising
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips, semisweet miniature
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk, low-fat
- cooking spray
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in minichips. Add buttermilk, stirring just until moist.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 to 5 times with floured hands. Pat dough out to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 11/2-inch round cutter. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of scones lightly with cooking spray; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Yield: 28 servings (serving size: 1 scone).